Allie Humphries | MAPS
Not currently taking on new clients
Allie Humphries is a Clinical Psychologist based in Geelong. She provides evidence-based psychological interventions to individuals aged 12 years and over facing difficult life stressors and psychological challenges.
She aims to provide a supportive, non-judgemental space to explore your concerns and goals. Her approach is collaborative, evidence-based, LGBTIQA+ friendly, and culturally sensitive.
Allie completed her Master of Psychology (Clinical) degree at the University of Melbourne and has experience working in a range of settings including private practice, schools, fertility clinics, and community mental health organisations.
Areas of Practice
- Mood difficulties:
- Trauma-related mental health presentations, including:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Complex and Developmental Trauma
- Dissociative disorders
- Fertility Challenges and IVF support
- Unplanned pregnancy counselling
- Personal Development and Growth including:
- Values, Meaning and Purpose
- Managing stress and burnout
- Gender and sexual identity exploration
- Adjustment to life transitions, change and situational stressors
- Work and study-related concerns
Allie uses a person-centred approach to treatment of mental health issues and combines a range of integrative approaches, including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Schema Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Positive Psychology principles and interventions
- Mindfulness-based interventions
The Australian Psychology Society (APS Membership 154433)
The National Psychology Board (AHPRA Membership PSY0001649511)
- Master of Psychology (Clinical) – The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Hons) – La Trobe University
Referrals and Funding
- In order to see Allie, we require you have a referral from your GP, Specialist or Psychiatrist.
- Allie is a registered Medicare Provider.
- If claiming through Private health, a referral is still required.
- No other funding options available.
More about Allie
Allie specialises in youth mental health; however, she is also passionate about working with adults particularly in the areas of women’s health and fertility.
She also enjoys travelling, a good tv series, movies, reading, going to yoga and spending time with her dog, Eddy.
Tuesday (9am – 5pm)
Wednesday (9am – 1.30pm)
Send us a message
Please enter your details and a brief summary of your enquiry. We endeavour to reply to all enquiries within 48 hours. Once we have received your enquiry we will be in contact to arrange a time to have brief telephone conversation in order to clarify any questions and assess if we are the right service for your needs.
Please note, at the moment due to demand, some of our Clinician’s diaries are closed and they are not currently taking on any new clients. In this instance, we advise you to enquire at other Clinics in Geelong or consult your GP if you need immediate support.
Please note, we are not an emergency or crisis service. Wait times can apply to see our Clinician’s. If you require emergency assistance please call 000 or a relevant mental health support service, such as:
13 11 14
Barwon Mental Health Services
1300 094 187 (24-hr service)