Hoor Elbakry | MAPS
Clinical Psychology Registrar
Currently accepting new clients.
Hoor is a registered psychologist and clinical registrar with experience across the lifespan. She is passionate about collaboratively setting achievable goals with her clients, supporting them with evidence-based strategies to overcome their mental health difficulties. She emphasises open communication with her clients in a safe and warm setting, aiming to maximise their emotional wellbeing.
Hoor believes that each client has a unique understanding of their world and therefore prioritises tailoring therapy to their individual needs. When empowering her clients, she also builds on their distinct personal strengths helping them explore it where necessary. She has a particular interest in anxiety disorders, emotional dysregulation, personality disorders and sleep difficulties among other concerns.
Areas of Practice
Hoor works with clients experiencing:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Anger management difficulties
- Relationship concerns
- Childhood adversity and trauma
- Sleep-related concerns
- Eating disorders
- Self-esteem issues, identity concerns and values exploration
Hoor utilises a trauma-informed and a culturally sensitive approach to treatment of mental health issues. She uses a range of therapeutic modalities based on the client’s unique needs and presentation, including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Schema Therapy (ST)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MCBT)
- The National Psychology Board – AHPRA (Membership number:
- Australia Psychological Society (Membership number: 287725)
- Master of Psychology (Clinical) – Federation University Australia
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) – Institute for Social Neuroscience (ISN)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science – Monash University
Referrals and Funding
- In order to see Hoor, we require you have a referral from your GP, Specialist or Psychiatrist.
- Hoor is a registered Medicare Provider.
- If claiming through Private health, a referral is still required.
- No other funding options available.
- Hoor is a registered TAC Provider
More About Hoor
Hoor’s professional interests lie in early childhood and adult mental health. She is keen on continuously expanding her knowledge of psychological difficulties and disorders to ensure she is utilising the latest research-based recommendations with her clients.
In her free time, she enjoys painting, learning new languages and outings with family and friends.
Monday 10am – 5pm
Wednesday 9am – 5pm
How can we help?
As part of our client intake procedure, we ask all new clients to complete an online form that helps us determine whether we are the right service for your needs, and which of our psychologists might be best suited to you.
Please send us a message below and enter your details along with a brief summary of your enquiry. We endeavour to reply to all enquiries within 48 hours.
If you are experiencing any of the following or fall under this category, our service is not appropriate for you. This is due to the current teams key areas of practice:
- Under the age of 18 years old
- Psychotic disorders or symptoms
- Current substance use problems
- Eating disorder
Please note, the can be wait times to see some of our Clinician’s. We advise you to enquire at other Clinics in Geelong or consult your GP if you need immediate support.
Please note, we are not an emergency or crisis service. If you require emergency assistance please call 000 or a relevant mental health support service, such as:
Your feedback is important and can be a catalyst for continued growth and improvement for Breathe Psychology. By providing feedback, you can contribute to the ongoing development of a supportive clinical practice that fosters healing and personal development.
How to Provide Breathe Psychology With Anonymous Feedback
Tell us how Breathe Psychology is supporting you and/or how we could better meet your needs.
- Share Your Feedback: Tell us how Breathe Psychology is supporting you and/or how we could better meet your needs.
- Submit Anonymously: Rest assured that your feedback will remain anonymous. No personal details will be recorded with the feedback. /li>