Adam Palmer | MAPS
Currently taking new clients
Adam is a Clinical Psychologist based in Geelong. He brings a person-centred and compassionate approach to therapy. Adam works with adults and adolescents experiencing a range of mental health concerns.
Adam has a compassionate, gentle and sincere nature, taking interest in each individual’s unique experience and resilience in the face of adversity. He aims to assist people in moving towards a self-determined meaningful and fulfilling life through developing increased peace and connection with their internal and external worlds.
Adam has primarily worked in the youth homelessness sector across non-government and public mental health teams.
Areas of Practice
- Anxiety-related difficulties:
- Social anxiety
- Generalised anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Trauma-related mental health presentations including:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Complex trauma
- Developmental or Interpersonal trauma
- Substance misuse
- Emotion regulation challenges (i.e. anger, anxiety, numbed mood)
Adam focuses on working with people within a trauma-informed framework. He aims to develop a tailored therapy approach with each person, incorporating various trauma-focused intervention strategies where appropriate.
Adam integrates a range of approaches including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Schema Therapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Underlying Adam’s approach to therapy is a solid foundation in Attachment Theory and Interpersonal Neurobiology (how early life experiences influence our brain development and functioning in the world).
Based on these models and past experience, Adam places a strong emphasis on the therapeutic relationship, between therapist and patient, as a vital method of meaningful change and healing. By also incorporating somatic-based interventions into his approach Adam ensures that individualised therapy is holistic for the people he works with.
- The Australian Psychological Society – APS
- The National Psychology Board – AHPRA (Membership no. – PSY0001965344)
- Master of Clinical Psychology – RMIT University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) (Honours) – RMIT University
- Bachelor of Psychological Science – La Trobe University
Referrals and Funding
- In order to see Adam, we require you have a referral from your GP, Specialist or Psychiatrist.
- Adam is a registered Medicare Provider.
- If claiming through Private health, a referral is still required.
- Registered Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) provider.
- No other funding options available.
Tuesday (9am – 5pm)
Thursday (9am – 5pm)
Friday (9am – 5pm)
How can we help?
As part of our client intake procedure, we ask all new clients to complete an online form that helps us determine whether we are the right service for your needs, and which of our psychologists might be best suited to you.
Please send us a message below and enter your details along with a brief summary of your enquiry. We endeavour to reply to all enquiries within 48 hours.
If you are experiencing any of the following or fall under this category, our service is not appropriate for you. This is due to the current teams key areas of practice:
- Under the age of 18 years old
- Psychotic disorders or symptoms
- Current substance use problems
- Eating disorder
Please note, the can be wait times to see some of our Clinician’s. We advise you to enquire at other Clinics in Geelong or consult your GP if you need immediate support.
Please note, we are not an emergency or crisis service. If you require emergency assistance please call 000 or a relevant mental health support service, such as:
Your feedback is important and can be a catalyst for continued growth and improvement for Breathe Psychology. By providing feedback, you can contribute to the ongoing development of a supportive clinical practice that fosters healing and personal development.
How to Provide Breathe Psychology With Anonymous Feedback
Tell us how Breathe Psychology is supporting you and/or how we could better meet your needs.
- Share Your Feedback: Tell us how Breathe Psychology is supporting you and/or how we could better meet your needs.
- Submit Anonymously: Rest assured that your feedback will remain anonymous. No personal details will be recorded with the feedback. /li>