Olga Torgovnikova | MAPS
Clinical Psychologist & Neurofeedback Co-ordinator
Accepting new clients.
Olga is a registered Clinical Psychologist consulting in the Geelong region, and the Neurofeedback Co-ordinator at Breathe Psychology. She provides trauma informed support to young people (16+) and adults experiencing a variety of mental health concerns and interpersonal difficulties. Olga has particular interest in dysregulated mood, past childhood adversities and substance use related problems.
Olga’s compassionate and sincere nature is teamed with her belief that each person is deserving and capable of a fulfilled life. She aims to provide a nurturing environment to empower her clients to understand and address their barriers to the life they wish to live. She has previously worked in private practice and school environment.
Areas of Practice
- Mood Disorders including:
- Anger management
- Trauma related presentations
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Childhood adversity
- Complex trauma
- Substance use related concerns
- Grief and loss
- Sleep related problems
- Stress related difficulties
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy skills
Olga’s therapeutic approach is adapted to the presentation and needs of the client. This ranges from solution focused, skill-based treatment to deeper therapeutic healing of long standing unhelpful behavioural or emotional
The National Psychology Board – AHPRA (Membership number:
Australia Psychological Society
- APS College of Clinical Psychologists
EMDRAA Associate Member
Master of Psychology (Clinical) – Federation University Australia
Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) – Federation University Australia
Bachelor of Psychological Science – Federation University Australia
Referrals and Funding
- In order to see Olga, we require you have a referral from your GP, Specialist or Psychiatrist.
- Olga is a registered Medicare provider.
- If claiming through Private health, a referral is still required.
- No other funding options available.
More information about Olga
Olga moved to Australia from Russia during primary school years. Having Russian cultural background, Olga has a lived experience of migrating to a new country and learning English as her second language.
Olga holds a belief that each person and their story is unique. She seeks to understand you for who you are and understands that what has happened to you may have led to the difficulties you may be experiencing. Through this understanding, Olga aims to support you to develop your skills to manage tough situations, process past and unpleasant events and to recognise and shift unhelpful behaviours or thoughts.
In her spare time Olga enjoys delving into therapeutic literature, road trips with her family and rejuvenating walks in the nature.
Monday 9:30am – 4:15pm
Tuesday 9:30am – 4:15pm
Thursday 9:30am – 4:15pm
How can we help?
As part of our client intake procedure, we ask all new clients to complete an online form that helps us determine whether we are the right service for your needs, and which of our psychologists might be best suited to you.
Please send us a message below and enter your details along with a brief summary of your enquiry. We endeavour to reply to all enquiries within 48 hours.
If you are experiencing any of the following or fall under this category, our service is not appropriate for you. This is due to the current teams key areas of practice:
- Under the age of 18 years old
- Psychotic disorders or symptoms
- Current substance use problems
- Eating disorder
Please note, the can be wait times to see some of our Clinician’s. We advise you to enquire at other Clinics in Geelong or consult your GP if you need immediate support.
Please note, we are not an emergency or crisis service. If you require emergency assistance please call 000 or a relevant mental health support service, such as:
Your feedback is important and can be a catalyst for continued growth and improvement for Breathe Psychology. By providing feedback, you can contribute to the ongoing development of a supportive clinical practice that fosters healing and personal development.
How to Provide Breathe Psychology With Anonymous Feedback
Tell us how Breathe Psychology is supporting you and/or how we could better meet your needs.
- Share Your Feedback: Tell us how Breathe Psychology is supporting you and/or how we could better meet your needs.
- Submit Anonymously: Rest assured that your feedback will remain anonymous. No personal details will be recorded with the feedback. /li>