Depression or Major Depressive Disorder involves experiencing sadness, loss of enjoyment in activities that you once enjoyed and low mood for a prolonged period of time without any apparent reason.
Depression is a chronic condition that impacts all aspects of ones life and can even lead to physical health issues.
Other symptoms of depresssion include:
- Decreased apetite and weight loss
- Insomnia or other sleep disturbances
- Fatigue or low energy/ motivation
- Negative self-esteem or feelings of worthlessness
- Feelings of hoplessness
- Concentration difficulties
- Persistent thoughts of death or suicide
All of our clinicians are highly trained and experienced in the psychological treatment of depression.
HOW WE HELP
The psychological approaches that we use to help clients with Depression include:
Counselling for Depression
Counselling for Depression can provide an opportunity to open up in a confidential environment with a professional who is trained to help you understand what is holding you back, and to navigate your way from negative thinking and low mood to wellbeing.
The most common type of talk therapy is called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which aims to identify unhelpful thoughts and behaviours that contribute to low mood and depression and to replace these with more helpful ones.
This can help if:
- You no longer get enjoyment from life
- You lack motivation
- You have a lot of negative thoughts about yourself and others
- You have nothing to look forward to
- You feel helpless
Depression Presents Differently in a lot of us, some include:
- You are becoming socially withdrawn
- You feel disconnected from loved ones
- You are getting angry and drinking more (particularly amonst men)
- You are noticing changes in appetite, sleep, weight or libido.
- You don’t enjoy things like you used to
Let’s make a start. During your first sessions we’ll work through your challenges and needs.
This is not an exercise of putting you in a box and sticking a label on it but rather helping you feel safe and opening up opportunities for healing and growth.
Please enter your details and a brief summary of your enquiry.
Please enter your details and a brief summary of your enquiry. We endeavour to reply to all enquiries within 48 hours.
Once we have received your enquiry, we will be in contact to arrange a time to have brief telephone conversation in order to clarify any questions and assess if we are the right service for your needs.