Liam Harkins MAPS (FCCLP) | MACPA
Principal Clinical Psychologist
Board Approved Supervisor
Accredited EMDR Consultant
Liam Harkins is a Clinical Psychologist, Board Approved Supervisor and Accredited EMDR Consultant who practices on Wudawurrung land, in Geelong West, Victoria. He provides evidence-based psychological interventions to individuals (16 yrs +) facing difficult life stressors and psychological challenges.
Liam completed his Master of Psychology (Clinical) degree at the University of Melbourne. He principally works with mental health disorders related to trauma and dissociation.
Areas of Practice
- Anxiety-related presentations:
- Generalised Anxiety
- Social Anxiety
- Panic Attacks
- Trauma-related mental health presentations, including:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Complex and Developmental Trauma
- Attachment ruptures
- Dissociative disorders
- Sexual abuse
- Substance Abuse & Dependence
- Anger Management
- Men’s Mental Health Issues
- Grief & loss
- Values, Meaning and Purpose
Liam uses a trauma informed approach to the treatment of mental health issues, using Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) as his primary treatment modality.
- The Australian Clinical Psychology Association – ACPA (membership no. 2048)
- The Australian Psychology Society – APS (membership no. 178966)
- The National Psychology Board – AHPRA (membership no. PSY0001900986)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Association of Australia – EMDRAA (Accredited Practitioner)
- Master of Psychology (Clinical) – The University of Melbourne.
- Post-Graduate Diploma of Psychology – The University of Melbourne.
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology – The University of Melbourne.
- Honours Degree in Gender, Work and Social Inquiry – The University of Adelaide.
- Bachelor of Arts – Monash University.
Referrals and Funding
- In order to see Liam, we require you have a referral from your GP, Specialist or Psychiatrist.
- Liam is a registered Medicare Provider
- If claiming through Private health, a referral is still required.
- Registered Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) provider.
- No other funding options available.
More About Liam
Liam studied psychology as a mature age student after working in a range of professions including; construction, hospitality, government and the fitness industry. This gives him a broad range of life experiences to draw on, to better relate to each person’s unique perspective.
Liam also has a keen interest in keeping up to date with evidence-based practice and the ways in which new and emerging treatment approaches and techniques are being incorporated into modern psychotherapy including; activating social engagement systems through body work (movement and dance, and music, chanting and singing), as well as the use of technology (Neurofeedback, Heart Rate Variability Biofeedback and The Listening Project Protocol).
Liam has a passion for reading fiction that explores the complexity of the human experience, existentialism, philosophy, and psychology (particularly in the field of trauma).
Monday 9am – 5pm
Tuesday 9am – 5pm
Wednesday 9am- 5pm
Friday 9am- 5pm
How can we help?
As part of our client intake procedure, we ask all new clients to complete an online form that helps us determine whether we are the right service for your needs, and which of our psychologists might be best suited to you.
Please send us a message below and enter your details along with a brief summary of your enquiry. We endeavour to reply to all enquiries within 48 hours.
If you are experiencing any of the following or fall under this category, our service is not appropriate for you. This is due to the current teams key areas of practice:
- Under the age of 18 years old
- Psychotic disorders or symptoms
- Current substance use problems
- Eating disorder
Please note, the can be wait times to see some of our Clinician’s. We advise you to enquire at other Clinics in Geelong or consult your GP if you need immediate support.
Please note, we are not an emergency or crisis service. If you require emergency assistance please call 000 or a relevant mental health support service, such as:
Your feedback is important and can be a catalyst for continued growth and improvement for Breathe Psychology. By providing feedback, you can contribute to the ongoing development of a supportive clinical practice that fosters healing and personal development.
How to Provide Breathe Psychology With Anonymous Feedback
Tell us how Breathe Psychology is supporting you and/or how we could better meet your needs.
- Share Your Feedback: Tell us how Breathe Psychology is supporting you and/or how we could better meet your needs.
- Submit Anonymously: Rest assured that your feedback will remain anonymous. No personal details will be recorded with the feedback. /li>