Andrew McAlinden | MAPS
Clinical Psychologist | Co-Director
Currently accepting new clients.
Andrew is a Clinical Psychologist and Co-Director at Breathe Psychology. Andrew has experience working with children, adolescents, and adults of all ages, in psychological assessment and therapy. Andrew works collaboratively with his clients to build a strong therapeutic relationship and provides evidence-based psychological therapies.
Areas of Practice
Andrew works with clients experiencing:
- Anxiety disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Anger management
- Self-esteem issues
Andrew takes an individualised approach with each client to help build a collaborative alliance, and empower clients to make positive change. Andrew utilises regular assessments to help guide treatment, assess progress, tailor therapeutic strategies, and provide feedback to clients to support them to achieve their goals for therapy.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- EMDR ( Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing)
- The Australian Psychology Society – APS (membership no. 236507)
- The National Psychology Board – AHPRA (membership no. PSY0002339986)
- Master of Clinical Psychology – The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) -The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology – The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) – Monash University
Referrals and Funding
- In order to see Andrew, we require you have a referral from your GP, Specialist or Psychiatrist.
- Andrew is a registered Medicare Provider.
- If claiming through Private health, a referral is still required.
- Andrew is a registered TAC Provider.
- No other funding options available.
More About Andrew
Andrew completed his Master of Clinical Psychology following a successful career within Australian universities, working to achieve strategic building projects for teaching and research spaces.
Andrew loves cricket (watching mostly) and enjoys film, TV and popular culture, particularly in the areas science fiction, or stories that explore the human condition and help us to understand our experience.
Tues – Friday 9am – 5pm
How can we help?
As part of our client intake procedure, we ask all new clients to complete an online form that helps us determine whether we are the right service for your needs, and which of our psychologists might be best suited to you.
Please send us a message below and enter your details along with a brief summary of your enquiry. We endeavour to reply to all enquiries within 48 hours.
If you are experiencing any of the following or fall under this category, our service is not appropriate for you. This is due to the current teams key areas of practice:
- Under the age of 18 years old
- Psychotic disorders or symptoms
- Current substance use problems
- Eating disorder
Please note, the can be wait times to see some of our Clinician’s. We advise you to enquire at other Clinics in Geelong or consult your GP if you need immediate support.
Please note, we are not an emergency or crisis service. If you require emergency assistance please call 000 or a relevant mental health support service, such as:
Your feedback is important and can be a catalyst for continued growth and improvement for Breathe Psychology. By providing feedback, you can contribute to the ongoing development of a supportive clinical practice that fosters healing and personal development.
How to Provide Breathe Psychology With Anonymous Feedback
Tell us how Breathe Psychology is supporting you and/or how we could better meet your needs.
- Share Your Feedback: Tell us how Breathe Psychology is supporting you and/or how we could better meet your needs.
- Submit Anonymously: Rest assured that your feedback will remain anonymous. No personal details will be recorded with the feedback. /li>